1. PRACTICES FOR THE WEEK: Monday, Sept 24 - College Hill Park. Tuesday, Sept 25 - Harrison Park. Wednesday, Sept 26 - College Hill Park. Thursday, Sept 27 - CSAL Championship Meet at Cessna Activity Center, TEAM PICTURE afterwards.
2. The End-of-Season Awards Banquet will be at the Magdalen Cafeteria, Sunday October 7: Time is 5:30 - 7:00 pm. There will be food, probably pizza, sweetie snacks, and beverages, also Coach Washburn will be handing out his distinguished awards. Parents, siblings, and any friends of Crusader Cross Country are invited. Please get with one of the coaches by Sept 27 and give us a good estimate of how many people will be coming.
3. Meet 4 Blue Aces Middle School Meet Results are POSTED.
4. Meet 5 St Peter Schulte: Results will be posted when they become available. Great job by all on a FABULOUS DAY to RUN! Check out the slide show.
5. Information for Meet #6, CSAL Championship Meet at Cessna Activity Center, Thursday Sept 27. Information is posted. First Race is at 4:00 pm. There will be 3 races. 6th Boys/Girls, 7th Boys/Girls, and 8th Boys/Girls. Everyone should be at CAC around 3:00 pm. DON'T FORGET THAT THE XC TEAM PICTURE WILL BE TAKEN RIGHT AFTER THE AWARDS CEREMONY (approximately 5:30). Bring your photo request forms with you. The coaches and photographer should also have forms available.
6. WSU Pumpkin Run Info: This year's 5K run is on October 20th at 9:00 am. The registration fee is $29.50 before Sept 30th, $35.00 after. You can register online at www.wichita.edu/pumpkinrun. Medals are awarded for the following categories: 9 and Under, 10-14,15-19,20-24, 25-29,30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74,75 and Over. There is also a 1K race for ages 1-12. There will be medals, door prizes, food, and other freebies after the race. While everyone is still in shape, this is a great way for Middle Schoolers to step out and try a little longer distance while just having fun. The run itself is around the WSU campus.
7. Check out the Information on the KS State Junior High Cross Country Championship. October 21st at Emporia.
8. UPDATES via TEXTS. If you would like to receive real time updates for Cross Country (recommended), use the following procedure:
Text the following:
Text phone #: 40404
Text message: Follow @CSALEastXC (Make sure to place a space after Follow and @)