Phonics - Our letter this week is B.
Language Arts - Our story this week is Jump Into January. Our new sight words this week are come and me. We will be reviewing nouns. We will also be comparing and contrasting the four seasons.
Math - We are starting addition this week.
Religion - This week we will start talking about Baptism, miracles, and parables.
Science/Social Studies - In Science, we will continue talking about being a Steward of Creation which is taking care of God's creations living and nonliving. This week we will focus on land and water.
1. If you have not returned school costumes from the Christmas play, please return these A.S.A.P.
2. We are planning a field trip to Our Daily Bread Food Pantry during the week of Feb. 19-21. I will let you know when we have an exact date. Our remaining field trips our scheduled on March 22 to the Children's Theatre and April 26th to the Nature Center. All of our field trips are in the morning.
3. No school on Monday, January 21st for Martin Luther King Day.
Looking forward to a great week!
Phonics - Our letter this week is R.
Language Arts - We are reading Christmas stories. We will review sight words, review nouns, sequencing, and story recall.
Math - We are working on 1 and 2 more and 1 and 2 fewer. We are also working on putting numbers in order.
Religion - We are learning about the Nativity. We will also talk about St. Juan Diego and Our Lady of Guadalupe. We are hard at work on our Christmas Play!
Science/Social Studies - We are finishing up on Wants and Needs and talking about saving and money. Ask your child about Dynamic Dollars!
1. We are working really hard on our play! We are so excited to share it with you!! Our Dress rehearsal is Dec. 17th at 10:00 A.M. Please send you child's costume with them Monday morning. We will change into costumes around 9:15 for our dress rehearsal. Any parents who can come help us get in our costumes we would greatly appreciate it. Just let me know!
2. Evening performance of the play is Dec. 18 at 7:00 P.M. Students will need to be here in costume at 6:45.
3. December 19th -11:15 Dismissal
4. December 20th-January 2nd Christmas Break
5. I will not do a newsletter next week due to our short and crazy week. If you have any questions about next week, please email me.
I feel so blessed to have spent the Advent season with your children. They are truly a blessing in my life!
Phonics - Review letters n, p, l, o, g, h, t,, a
Language Arts - Our stories for the next few weeks will all be about Halloween and Pumpkins. This week we will practice following directions and listening skills and sight words.
Math - We are continuing on Unit 2 and will be comparing and ordering numbers 0-5. We will also do some fun Halloween math.
Religion - All Saints Day
Science/Social Studies - Community Helpers
1. Our Halloween parade and party is Wednesday. Don't forget to send costumes on Wednesday. No weapons please! Any help with costumes at 12:00, would be great! We will go on our parade shortly after that. Our party will be after the Great Pumpkin around 2:40.
2. Wednesday is also a free jeans day. Students may wear Magdalen spiritwear or a black, orange, or Halloween shirt.
3. No School Thursday and Friday. Enjoy the long weekend!!!
I, red, like, the, do, this, can, one, two, three, four, five, up, in, and