We are a lively, fun, faith-filled group that meets twice a month for prayer, reflection, fellowship and to administer a range of ministries. Our meetings involve formation in Vincentian spirituality.
We meet at Church of the Magdalen on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at 7:00pm. VIRTUS is required for SVdP members for the safety of children and adults at risk that we work with. Some of the activities we are actively working with are:
• Responding personally to requests for assistance from the needy and suffering of all faiths
• Coordinating Church of the Magdalen’s participation in the Wichita Diocese Meals on Wheels program
• Administering the Sacred Heart Home Enthronement program
• Organizing the weekend backpack food program for food insecure students in our school
• Undertaking regular visits to local nursing homes to engage in prayer and fellowship with residents
• Delivering food donations to God’s Food Pantry